“All the flowers of all the tomorrows are in the seeds of today.”
Despite the below average temperatures, we are CELEBRATING here at Gundalow because this weekend marks the official kick-off to farmer’s market season in Baltimore. Spring has always been our favorite time of year – it provides a time to hit the reset button, reenergize and grow!
Growth has been a focus for all of us at Gundalow – our desire to fuel the ambitions of athletes, dreamers, go-getters and health-conscious individuals across the country is stronger than ever. But we also feel that life is about balance and that in order to grow, it’s important to take time to recharge.
As always, easier said than done. Recharging can mean different things to each of us – but here are some of the ways we recommend recharging this spring:
- Digital detox your bedroom. Have you heard about the importance of removing your cell phones from your room at night? If you struggle to fall asleep or find yourself surfing through Instagram at 2 AM – definitely give this one a try. Worried about waking up on time? Bring back that antique alarm clock (you can also set a back-up alarm on your phone, just make sure it’s out of reach during the night to avoid temptation). Your body and mind will thank you for the extra zzz’s.
- Eat seasonally. Food is fresher and more delicious when we eat in season. Spring is an exciting time because more and more of our favorite produce pals are coming back in season. Plus, it’s fun to experiment with new recipes and discover what is being harvested by local farmers in your area. Supporting local farmers and businesses in your community can also give you an opportunity to try new produce and test your culinary skills. Stop by and see us this weekend as the Baltimore Farmer's Market kicks off on Sunday at 7 AM!
- Invest in yourself. If you’ve been telling yourself you want to eat healthy, save more money, get in shape or make moves in your career – ask for help! Meet with a dietician, work with a financial advisor (we recommend our friends at InvestEd), connect with a personal trainer, or hire a life coach! Yes, it may seem expensive, but it really is an investment – and what better cause to invest in than yourself. Chances are if you looked at your monthly spending, there are some line items that can be adjusted. Where to begin? We loved reading “You Are A Badass” by Jen Sincero get started.
- Make life easier. Do you feel like there’s never enough time in the day? We get that. But, we wanted to find a solution so that we could still fuel the ambitions of the busiest bees around. Behold: Gundalow Subscriptions. Simply set it (your order) and forget it (until it’s delivered to your door as often as you pick!) Plus, subscription orders get 10% off, so you’ll already hitting those goals to save money, while prioritizing health.
- Make minimalism a thing. They call it spring cleaning for a reason. Spring is the perfect time to give your space a fresh look. Give your home, car or workspace some extra spring love by getting rid of the things that aren’t serving you and making room for fresh thoughts, plants and wide-open spaces. A clutter-free area can lead to a clutter-free mind, and who knows what ideas and opportunities that newfound freedom will bring. Here’s our favorite book on that subject. You may even find some extra cash for your self-investment by selling your unwanted items. You can also turn your spring cleaning into an opportunity to give back to your community by donating your items to causes near and dear to your heart. Win-win!
Regardless of how you choose to recharge, remember that “all the flowers of all the tomorrows are in the seeds of today.” What type of seeds do you want to plant in your world this spring? With a little love, care and patience, the seeds you plant now can lead to exciting growth come summer. We can’t wait to see how they help you grow into your best self!